Sometimes we look at sights in nature but don't really see. While hiking in the woods the other day, it became a realization that we need to open our heart and eyes to see the beauty of the simple things in nature with each season. There is so much order and purpose in His creation. God has given us awesome beauty in this world to see and enjoy... if we would but stop to see and feel it. Join us as this blog is about stopping to see the real beauty around us...to touch and feel it... "Through the Lens".

Our Friends

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting Ready to Roll











Labor Day is over! The campground was almost completely full including the new area. I know the owners enjoyed seeing the fruits of their labor being enjoyed. The best part of a big vacation such as Labor Day, is watching the families and kids have so much fun. It is nice to see movement and hear the laughter and fun and then its also nice to have the peace and quiet once again. Other than when we hosted this is the first time we got to sit and watch rather than pack up and go home. I remember so well how I always dreaded leaving. The weather was great and all in all, it was a wonderful holiday weekend.


Did I tell you I have hummingbirds?? Yes, I have hummingbirds. I have been so excited. When we lived in our house (in the city) I did everything but stand on my head to get one or two hummers each season. I planted every flower they liked and had five to six feeders going. Since we have been at Pine Mountain RV Resort I have had up to six or seven at one time dive bombing each other to get to the feeder. It is sooooo much fun to watch them. I have had to fill the feeders at least three times since we have been here.


We spent Tuesday going to Columbus (Georgia) for my doctor’s appointment and then back to LaGrange for a repeat test. We are in the process of getting things in order to “roll.” Yeah!!!! We are working on another plan for internet and Mike plans to make an entry on that very soon. We had been trying the Verizon MiFi 2200 but have not been getting a strong signal. He made a call to the 3G Store and we think we have come up with a plan. More on that later.


With a little luck we should be on our way to Texas in the next few days!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to read our blog and to share with us your thoughts and comments. We really do appreciate hearing from you.