Sometimes we look at sights in nature but don't really see. While hiking in the woods the other day, it became a realization that we need to open our heart and eyes to see the beauty of the simple things in nature with each season. There is so much order and purpose in His creation. God has given us awesome beauty in this world to see and enjoy... if we would but stop to see and feel it. Join us as this blog is about stopping to see the real beauty around us...to touch and feel it... "Through the Lens".
Thursday, March 11, 2010
That brings us to Wednesday. That was the day that I went to the doctor for my thyroid and cholesterol check which includes blood work. Mike saw his doctor for the annual physical which includes blood work. Gee, we have really given blood this week.
Wednesday evening brought some really rough weather. It began with just some heavy rains and a little wind. Then it progressed into some small hail with strong winds. At one time the wind and rain along with the hail blew against our slide out windows so hard Mike and I both thought it would surely blow the windows out. I grabbed each of our little Shih Tzus off the sofa just in case there was blowing glass. We both were pretty shook by this time. The thunder and lightning continued with the rain for several more hours and then just the rain throughout the night. Wow, what a night.
Thursday took me to visit our dentist in LaGrange. Our dentist is also a long time friend so we spent quite awhile just talking and catching up. Then he took care of one of my back molars….not a big deal and it didn’t even need Novocain but I didn’t want to chance a problem while on the road. With that said, I know that at some time there probably will be a need for a doctor on the road. We haven’t had to deal with that as of yet but it probably will happen. The beauty of this lifestyle is there are so many people willing to help you whenever you have a problem…..all you have to do is ask.
Friday we are suppose to meet Gene and Judi Curp in Warm Springs for lunch and then tour the FDR Little White House. When we checked the weather it calls for about a 60 to 90 percent chance of rain with thunderstorms. We will make a decision by 9:00 in the morning. Worse case scenario, we will postpone the trip until Monday. We are so looking forward to meeting up with the Curps again and just having a great day together. So we will see what tomorrow brings……stay tuned.